stats counter

Monday 24 February 2014

My must watch

In my first post I said if I'm not on my bike then I'm watching films or TV. Next to me I have 6 DVDs that I could watch over and over again. I hope you enjoy. 

This week has been a bit miserable and windy, so I've only managed to squeeze one ride in between down pours of rain. So I've spent a lot of time on the internet and watching TV. 

Series one and two of Sherlock came first. If you haven't heard of Sherlock, where have you been? Simple its amazing! Everyone has heard of the Famous Mr Holmes and his assistant Dr Watson, so I won't bore you with that. What Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat did with Sherlock back in 2010 was bring an old legend into a modern day, but they still use the stories of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. For me the best episode of series two was the Hounds of Baskerville, I mean it was terrifying, to watch but for me that's what made it so good. I feel like I don't even need to mention Benedict Cumberbatch's performance because if you have watched Sherlock you will know how good it is and if you haven't go and watch it. 

(500) days of summer is next on the list. For me its just that one film you can watch and enjoy because its got the complicated but funny love story. I don't normally watch it on my own me and my girlfriend watch it. If you haven't watched this please do, the soundtrack will brighten up your day even before you get into the film. 

I don't just watch films though, a couple of months ago I started reading a book called On The Road by Jack Kerouac's. Ok so after I finished the book I did buy the DVD but honestly the book is brilliant, it will change your thinking on life. the film just brings what the book is saying to life. It is about an writer in 1940s America, who goes on an adventure across America with his closest friends. For me this seemed like a beautiful dream to have. Even if you don't fancy this film I'd say try the book out. 



 The last film on my list is Hot Fuzz, it is that film I watch when I'm really down and don't want to associate with the world. And yes I can pretty much quote the whole script. If you haven't watched this film why not? Its just hilarious. Non stop laughs through out. In my opinion Nick Frost and Simon Pegg are two of the best comedy film writers/actors around. If you do one thing this week watch one of their films. Nick Frost has got a new one out, which I'll talk about next week. 

Hope you enjoyed this post.

Thanks 

Sam :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment